Sometimes a light jacket is just the thing and I’ve made you a simple and easy sewing pattern in two sizes, one for the tiny rag doll (or any dollhouse size doll) and a slightly larger version for mr. socks. And the pattern scales well so you could use it for other dolls too. It’s quick and very easy.
The hat pattern is free too and you can find the satchel pattern here, if you need to fully outfit someone tiny.
You might also notice that mr. socks is wearing pants for the first time. I made them using the bloomer pattern for the tiny rag doll sewing pattern. I add about 1/4 inch to the pattern and left an opening in the back to accommodate his tail.
To make the jacket you will need : wool felt, an embroidery thread, a tiny button, basic sewing supplies and the pattern.
* You can click each image for a larger view
1. Cut out the three pattern pieces and pin to your felt.
2. Cut out one of each.
3. Fold the rounded collar of the front top over and stitch. I’m using one strand of embroidery floss. You can use any stitch you like, fancy or simple. I’m using a basic whip stitch.
4. Fold over each rounded cuff and stitch as well.
5. Pin the front under piece to the back piece, make sure your folded and stitched cuffs are on the outside.
6. Pin the front top piece as shown.
7. Begin stitching the sleeve of the top under piece to the back where indicated above. Then stitch the bottom of the sleeve and the side.
8. Repeat for the other side.
9. Finish stitching the second side seam and knot.
10. Optional – stitch around all the raw edges.
To finish add a tiny button at the shoulder of the front under piece (be careful to stitch only through one layer) and tie a piece of embroidery thread to the corner of the top piece.
She is little but she means business.