Welcome to the fifth annual international scrap festival! Each year as the days begin to get a little longer and spring seems like a legitimate possibility we take some time to reflect on the magnificent possibilities of fabric scraps.
You can find patterns and tutorials for everything in the photo above (plus lots more) on the free pattern page.
Plus a brand new free pattern – Scrap project idea #1 little chicks! I love them. They just kill me. Let’s make thousands. Find the tutorial right here.
more ideas for your fabric scraps
2. This festive scrap bunting was another new free tutorial here this summer – made with mini yoyo’s – find the tutorial here.
3. Also in the celebration/decoration department this super simple way to make a festive curtain or wall hanging sort of situation. The attachment method is simple and clever. 11 year old me wants this a lot.
4. For your bigger scraps this super clever sewing mat machine cover combo. I need a couple of these. My machines are old and don’t have covers. Machines don’t like dust.
5. Find inspiration and tips for managing your scraps here. I especially love the idea of cutting down all the weird shapes. I could spend hours ironing and trimming.
6. And turn them into a quilt with this Antique Four Patch Economy Block Tutorial. I love the way it looks. I’m doing it.
7. Bendable cake flags. So sweet and they would also be great on paper mache ships and cardboard castles. I’m definitely making them for some very nice mice.
8. Merit badges. everybody appreciates a little acknowledgment! I love this idea for big folks and little folks. I’m thinking we should have a merit badge contest in the community, what do you think? Find the tutorial for the badges here.
OMG! Those chicks kill me too!!! Thank you for these wonderful scrappy ideas!!!
Everything is so darn CUTE and I want to make it ALL!! I love all that you do and say a big THANK YOU for all the free patterns! You are so wonderfully generous and not at all a stingy greedy person…thank you very much!! Many blessings to you for your generosity and giving!!
Hi Ann, I could not get to Have&Hold or Uschi&Kay’s websites from the links. I wonder if I’m the only one having the problem.
I love these! Thank you for the pattern ❤️
So many beautiful scraps and so many fun ideas! Can I just play with scraps for the rest of my days? Please?
Thank you for the awsome and darling chicks pattern. Must make many!
I’m having fun going through my scraps for the 100 day book challenge. So this festival sounded perfect. May I ask a silly question? Is this on line, or do people meet up somewhere with things they’ve made? Thanks…~Sonya Palumbo
Love all the fun ideas w scraps!
I organize my fabric by color in bins. And I sort scraps into small, medium and large. ;-0
Made the scrappy tree ornaments as little extra gifts in my handmade holiday cards this year!
Thank you for sharing the yoyo bunting tutorial. So addictive. I stitched 100 scraps into yoyos for our new grandchild. Gorgeous and satisfying. Many thanks.
i second the motion for a merit badge contest! i’ve had a minor obsession with them since i was an actual girl scout, but have never made them as an adult so an incentive would be fun!
Wonderful! Thank you. Do you know what makes the little flags bendable? The link has a photo but is missing the tutorial for me. Thanks for any help.