Welcome to the fifth annual international scrap festival! Each year as the days begin to get a little longer and spring seems like a legitimate possibility we take some time to reflect on the magnificent possibilities of fabric scraps.
You can find patterns and tutorials for everything in the photo above (plus lots more) on the free pattern page.
Plus a brand new free pattern – Scrap project idea #1 little chicks! I love them. They just kill me. Let’s make thousands. Find the tutorial right here.
more ideas for your fabric scraps
2. This festive scrap bunting was another new free tutorial here this summer – made with mini yoyo’s – find the tutorial here.
3. Also in the celebration/decoration department this super simple way to make a festive curtain or wall hanging sort of situation. The attachment method is simple and clever. 11 year old me wants this a lot.
4. For your bigger scraps this super clever sewing mat machine cover combo. I need a couple of these. My machines are old and don’t have covers. Machines don’t like dust.
5. Find inspiration and tips for managing your scraps here. I especially love the idea of cutting down all the weird shapes. I could spend hours ironing and trimming.
6. And turn them into a quilt with this Antique Four Patch Economy Block Tutorial. I love the way it looks. I’m doing it.
8. Merit badges. everybody appreciates a little acknowledgment! I love this idea for big folks and little folks. I’m thinking we should have a merit badge contest in the community, what do you think? Find the tutorial for the badges here.