I ran into a snag with my lamb pattern, a major do over, so it won’t be out this week but when it is ready (hopefully next week-ish) it’s going to be pretty deluxe. There will be a basic standing lamb pattern as well as a collection with a couple other sleepy four legged creatures. I’m also working on a reclining lamb – it’s something I’ve been playing with for a long time and I think I’ve just about got it. I’m pretty excited about my progress – it’s been driving me crazy but it finally started to come together this week.
One of the biggest challenges for me in creating patterns is getting the shape that I want while keeping the templates as simple as possible. I’m great at unnecessary complications and the lamb needed some rigorous editing. I also wasn’t happy with his butt – the result was just a little bit inconsistent – my last draft fixed that and now the pattern produces a consistent, properly round, lamb butt result.
I also finished a wedding party last week: mr. and mrs. and ten little attendants.
It occurred to me while I was making this set that this is the 10 year anniversary of these little birds. I first started making them in 2005. The original birds were made for a shop holiday window display – I wish I had pictures. I can’t even begin to imagine how many of these little creatures I’m made over the last decade.